Promoting International Understanding
Y's Men and Women work for better international understanding through such programs as:
- the Brotherhood Fund, enabling members to travel and visit member families of Y's Men and Y's Women in other countries.
- the International Brother Club program which makes it possible for club members to learn about people in other parts of the world through exchange of letters, slides, tapes, visits, etc.
- the Youth Educational Exchange Program (YEEP) where youth are given a possibility to study, live and travel for one year or less in a foreign country, living as a member of a Y's Men and Y's Women's family.
- the Short Term Exchange Program (STEP) where children and grandchildren of Y's Men and Y's Women between the ages of 15 to 25 stay with a Y's Men's or Y's Women's family from 3 to 11 weeks.
- the "Time of Fast" international project, in which money is raised basically through asking each member to fast for one or several meals during a specific month (usually February) and contribute the money thus saved to the "Time of Fast" fund.
To learn more about Y's Men International, go to the International Web page at http://www.ysmen.org/